Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for passionate, full-time software engineers to help us build and deliver our team engagement applications at our location in Overland Park.
MobileUp is focused on changing the way teams think about member engagement. Our customer configurable mobile app platform helps teams of all sizes forge strong, lasting connections through event management, resource sharing, networking, targeted communication, commerce, committee involvement, data management, feedback and more.
At MobileUp, you will find people who are passionate about what they do. We offer a relaxed team environment (no dress code!). We value team collaboration, knowledge sharing, and both personal and team growth.
At MobileUp, you will have a lot of responsibility, but you also will have project ownership.
Senior Software Engineers will also:
- Participate in the product definition process including providing technical input
- Balance quality, quantity and complexity when providing schedules
- Prototype, develop, test, and debug new features
- Build automated unit and integration tests
- Provide peers with technical and design support
- Offer process improvement suggestions and create better procedures
- Decompose functional requirements into well-defined tasks
- Evaluate, recommend, and apply new technologies
- Mentor less experienced software engineers
Requirements for Senior Senior Engineers include:
- A Bachelor of Science/Art degree in computer science or another relevant field with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 is highly preferred but not required
- Must possess experience and training in data structures or software design
- Demonstrate proficiency in designing, building, and testing software systems
- Demonstrate capability to offer peer technical assessments
- Demonstrate proficiency in researching technologies and applying those technologies to business solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to decompose functional requirements into well-defined tasks while balancing quality, quantity and complexity
Candidates with previous experience in these technologies are preferred:
- Wide-column databases (or other NoSQL databases including key-value, document, search, graph) or relational databases
- React, Vue.js, Angular, or Svelte
- React Native or Vue Native
- Mobile application development for iOS or Android
- AWS “Serverless” technologies including DynamoDb, API Gateway, Lambdas, SNS, SQS, and CloudFormation
At MobileUp, we encourage and believe strongly in a work-life balance and providing opportunities for individual professional development that allows each team member to contribute and grow to their full potential.
MobileUp is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are the next MobileUp team member, send us your resume, tell us what you have done, and tell us what you want to do now.